Gift Guide For Women Motorcycle Riders — Mother's Day
by ROGER HEUMANN on Aug 19, 2021
With more women riding motorcycles, your favorite rider can be your sister, aunt, grandmother or friend.
Liven up Mother’s Day with ideas from this gift guide that would warm any motorcycle mama’s heart.
Chocolate, flowers or cards are lovely, but choosing something specifically related to motorcycles – from great new riding gear to cool biker jewelry – would be a fun and unique way to honor her on this special day.
Gear Ideas for Women Motorcycle Riders:
- For the high-tech mom, a Bluetooth headset which connects to helmets, so you can communicate with your co-pilot.
- Specialized motorcycle luggage is always a winning idea. Panniers or saddlebags are great for holding important items and keeping them secure and dry.
- Summer gloves are the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Women’s gloves are specially cut for a woman’s hand, and are available in a wide variety of styles and materials to keep her hands protected, from lightweight mesh to classic leather.
Useful and Helpful Gifts She’ll Love
- Consider the gift of a membership in the American Motorcyclist Association for a year.
This decades-old association not only helps fund lobbying for motorcyclist laws and rights, it also includes a monthly magazine for riders and free roadside service during the term of the membership, an invaluable gift if she ever becomes stranded on the road.
- The long-distance-cruising Mom, would appreciate a breathable leather or well-cushioned gel-padded seat, for extra comfort.
- A tire repair pack in her emergency kit. The kits don’t take up much space on a bike and include items that will temporarily fix tubed or tubeless tires, including rubber cement, patches and CO2 cartridges.
- While a GPS unit may take some of the mystery out of a long cruise, having one can’t hurt, especially if your special woman likes to travel to specific points of interest. GPS systems are easily mounted on the handlebars or console.
- Staying hydrated on long rides is a must, so how about a cup holder as a unique Mother’s Day gift?
They’re available in either a stainless steel or chrome finish with insulated liners and chrome-plated mounting hardware. The holders are available in different sizes, including ones which can hold a 20 oz. beverage bottle.
Gifts She’ll Appreciate, Just For Fun
- A new waterproof wallet or wristlet for license, credit cards/cash, mobile phone.
- Sunglasses keep eyes protected, and lets face it … just make her look ad feel smokin’ hot.
- Does she ride a ‘Wing, Kawi or Harley? Sometimes it’s fun to sport your favorite bike logo.
All of the major motorcycle manufacturers offer a full line of apparel and accessories specifically for the ladies, such as t-shirts, lightweight jackets perfect for this time of year, and chaps.
If the mom in your life does go for flowers, think about getting her a shirt full of roses and the logo of her favorite ride.
- Jewelry is always a no brainer. What mom wouldn’t love a motorcycle charm bracelet?
- Is your favorite mom the sentimental type? Personalization is always a plus.
Create a personalized motorcycle-themed basket: add treats such as a cupcake with a motorcycle on top, motorcycle coffee mug, picture frame (with a picture or a favorite trip memory, and a leather-clad stuffed animal … all sure to make her smile on Mother’s Day.
Bandannas, leather hair ties, new boot laces, or other cool accessories.
Never Fail Idea: When in Doubt …
- When it comes to motorcycle gear, fit has to be just right.
Purchase a gift certificate from your lady’s favorite local dealership, HD specialty store or leather/accessories shop so she can select her own new helmet or other item listed above.
BONUS IDEA: Making her day more special
Your favorite rider will appreciate the thought that went into choosing any of these gifts, but here’s a bonus idea …
- Make her day special. Start out with brunch, then enjoy a ride together.
- Take the time to write a thoughtful card telling her just what she means to you. That’s always the best gift of all!
Have a Happy & Safe Mother’s Day!
P.S. We make over 70 styles of gloves, many for women riders, and some with free shipping. To learn more about our women’s glove styles, visit a local dealer or our online store: