Motorcycle Glove Care
With a few minutes of care each season, your motorcycle gloves will last longer.
See our glove care checklist below:
When it comes to motorcycle gloves, it’s best not to machine wash them, except when specifically labeled otherwise.
A guideline we often use is to hand wash the inside with mild soap, use a leather cleaner on the outside leather, and mild soap on any external fabric:
- Motorcycle gloves are made with a variety of technical fabrics, for best road performance.
- Due to the variety of materials and layered construction -- not all of those interior layers, and technical fabrics, can be cleaned in the same way.
- That's reason you don't want to just toss them in the washing machine and dryer.
- Air dry wet leather at room temperature -- never use a dryer.
- Use a leather conditioner after cleaning leather gloves, for longer life and better water repellency.
- Maintain the shape of your gloves by standing them up on a wide wooden, plastic, or padded hanger.
- Store leathers in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Use a breathable fabric like cotton sheets when covering our leather goods. Never use plastic, as it is a drying agent.
- Keep leather directly out of sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
Your investment in quality gloves should last for years. We'd like to help you avoid problems due to incorrect care.
If in doubt, and you still have questions, contact us!